All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionMatt Tavares hits one out of the park with this powerful tale of a kid from the segregated south who would become baseball s home-run king. Before he was Hammerin Hank, Henry Aaron was a young boy grow ing up in Mobile, Alabama, with what seemed like a foolhardy dream: to be a big-league baseball player. He didn t have a bat. He didn t have a ball. And there wasn t a single black ball player in the major leagues. B ut ne of this could stop Henry Aaron. In a captivating biography of Henr y Aaron s young life from his sandlot days through his time in the Negro Leagues to the day he played his first spring training game for the Braves Matt Tavares offers an inspiring homage to one of baseball s all-time greats.
- Author BiographyMatt Tavares is the illustrator of Iron Hans: A Grimms Fairy Tale; Twas the Night Before Christmas, or an Account of a Visit from St. Nicholas; Jack and the Beanstalk; Doreen Rappaport s Lady Liberty: A Biography; and Kristin Kladstrup s The Gingerbread Pirates, as well as the author-illustrator of Zachary s Ball, Oliver s Game, and Mudball. He lives in Ogunquit, Maine.
- Author(s)Matt Tavares
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleCandlewick Biographies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.