Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Cooper is best remembered for the night he nearly changed boxing history - 19 July 1963. Fighting an up-and-coming boxer by the name of Cassius Clay, later to become Muhammad Ali, his famous left hook (kwn as 'Henry's Hammer') sent Clay crashing onto the canvas. Arguably Britain's greatest ever heavyweight fighter, Cooper won 40 of his 55 professional bouts, beating most of the true boxing greats along the way. His story is littered with famous names - Rocky Marcia, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, and, of course, Ali. But Cooper's retirement from the sport did t spell the end of his time in the public eye, as he embarked on a successful media career. Disaster struck in the 1990s, however, when his incent involvement in a scandal surrounding insurance giants Lloyd's of London led to him having to sell his unique collection of three Lonsdale belts to pay his bills.He was knighted in the millennium New Year's hours list for his services to boxing, and his death in May 2011 sparked a huge outpouring of tributes from the sporting community.
- Author BiographyRobert Edwards is the author of Stirling Moss.
- Author(s)Robert Edwards
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.