All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionHenry Leutwyler's new book Document reveals the unseen, the humble, and the intimate within iconic moments: the first moonwalk, political assassinations, the lives of musicians, artists, and athletes. The product of twelve years of discovery and dreaming, Document is a collection of portraits of things: Mahatma Ghandi's sandal, Alan Shepard's golf club, Janis Joplin's acoustic guitar, Jack Ruby's handgun. Leutwyler shows us these objects close up-straight on and without backdrop-a style that is equal parts still life, portraiture, and crime scene photography. Isolated from their contexts and owners, the objects have our full attention, and although we have never seen them, they feel utterly familiar. These are authentic objects, imperfect and unrestored, and in their scuffs, scratches, dirt and wear they powerfully evoke presence. They are the testaments of bodily histories, the traces of personalities, and the stuff of our collective memory. Document invites us to engage with our icons in wholly new ways, and to see our history differently, through the unexpected emotional charge of singular objects.
- Author(s)Henry Leutwyler,Karen Eileen Overbey
- PublisherSteidl Publishers
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSteidl Verlag
- Content Note120 colour illustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width203 mm
- Height300 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.