All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHenry V's invasion of France, in August 1415, represented a huge gamble. As heir to the throne, he had been a failure, cast into the political wilderness amid rumours that he planned to depose his father. Despite a complete change of character as king - founding monasteries, persecuting heretics, and enforcing the law to its extremes - little had gone right since. He was insecure in his kingdom, his reputation low. On the eve of his departure for France, he uncovered a plot by some of his closest associates to remove him from power. Agincourt was a battle that Henry should t have won - but he did, and the rest is history. Within five years, he was heir to the throne of France. In this vivid new interpretation, Anne Curry explores how Henry's hyperactive efforts to expunge his past failures, and his experience of crisis - which threatened to ruin everything he had struggled to achieve - defined his kingship, and how his astonishing success at Agincourt transformed his standing in the eyes of his contemporaries, and of all generations to come.
- Author BiographyAnne Curry is Professor of Medieval History at the University of Southampton. Her books include Agincourt: A New History and (with Glenn Foard) Bosworth 1485: A battlefield rediscovered, and she has made numerous appearances on BBC radio and television. A former President of the Historical Association, Anne is chair of the Agincourt 600 Committee in conjunction with the Royal Armouries.
- Author(s)Prof. Anne Curry
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitlePenguin Monarchs
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Weight232 g
- Width129 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.