All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is aimed at children aged 8 years and upwards. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was an American educator and poet and was one of the five Fireside Poets. This work includes a considered introduction that offers a substantial overview of the poet's life, which will help readers understand this remarkable writer. The poems are accompanied by commentary and illustrations that younger readers will love. Schoonmaker's careful selection and meticulous editing and Wallace's lumius, full-colour paintings make for an enthralling introduction to Longfellow and his work.
- Author BiographyAcademic editor Frances Schoonmaker is a professor in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching at Teacher's College, Columbia University. She has taught and lectured in China, Japan, Mexico, England and India, and served as the head of the teacher-education initiative for the Teachers College/UNICEF Afghanistan Project. Illustrator Chad Wallace creates detailed paintings with a focus on wildlife, people and landscapes. He lives in Amawalk, New York.
- Author(s)Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- PublisherSterling Juvenile
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitlePoetry for Young People
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSterling Juvenile
- Out-of-print date07/02/2013
- Content Notefull colour throughout
- Weight204 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byFrances Schoonmaker
- Illustrator(s)Chad Wallace
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.