Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionBlending fact with fiction, as he did so successfully in Aurora 7, Thomas Mallon here vividly recreates the tragic story of Henry and Clara Rathbone, the young couple who sat in the President's box on the night of Lincoln's assassination. Born of socially prominent families and raised as stepbrother and stepsister, Henry and Clara began a passionate love affair that thrived against the wishes of their parents and society around them. Henry had fought with distinction from Antietam to Petersburg, while Clara attracted the favor of President and Mrs. Lincoln. But their witnessing of the event that shook the entire nation changed their lives forever, leading to guilt, madness, and eventually murder. Relying on historical evidence, Thomas Mallon brings to life one of the most fascinating though little kwn tales from our nation's history. His talent as a velist is fully in evidence in this astonishing and moving story.
- Author Biography<b>Thomas Mallon</b> is the author of eight novels, including <i>Dewey Defeats Truman</i>, <i>Fellow Travelers</i>, and <i>Watergate</i>. He is a frequent contributor to <i>The New Yorker</i>, <i>The New York Times Book Review</i> and other publications.
- Author(s)Thomas Mallon
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/01/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight277 g
- Width203 mm
- Height132 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.