Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionInsulin resistance (IR) and metabolic syndrome are associated with the pathogenesis and progression of n-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). It encompasses a spectrum of hepatic pathology, ranging from simple steatosis in its most benign form (fatty liver), going through nalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in its intermediate form, until cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcima, its most advanced forms. This book presents current research on the background of fatty acid oxidation; hepatic steatosis and its progression to NASH and cirrhosis; fibrosis and myofibroblastic cells differentiation; methods of diagsis; clinical features and laboratory tests and, finally, rodent NAFLD and NASH models.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight166 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Edited byAlessandra Da Rocha Pinheiro-Mulder,Carlos Alberto Mandarim-De-Lacerda,Caroline Fernandes-Santos,Marcia Barbosa Aguila,Tatiane Da Silva Faria
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.