All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionHepatitis E (HEV) is a viral infectious disease that infects humans and domestic, wild, and synanthropic animals alike. In developing countries, the disease often presents as an epidemic, transmitted primarily through the fecal-oral route. In recent years, sporadic cases have also been documented in industrial countries, including Europe. The identification and characterization of animal strains of HEV from pigs, wild boar, and deer, and the demonstrated ability of cross-species infection by these animal strains raise potential public health concerns for foodborne and zootic transmission of the virus. This Brief will provide a thorough overview of HEV. It will discuss the epidemiology and pathogenesis of the virus in both humans and animals, review detection methods, and provide methods for its control and prevention.
- Author(s)Fabio Ostanello,Franco Maria Ruggeri,Ilaria Di Bartolo,Marcello Trevisani
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Food, Health, and Nutrition
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight161 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.