All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- Description<b>Winner of the New Issues Prize (2015)</b> Her, Infinite performs a metaphysical, yet-grounded-in-daily-life ceremony in which the magical properties of language meet with political action. The poems enact a healing, with the poet as te-taker and celebrant, making her way through a labyrinth that begins with community action, conceived in mythic terms, spirals though the intimacies of erotic love and friendship under environmental peril, and returns after a descent that involves self-confrontation as well as surrender to the invisible forces that guide our lives. The speaker in these poems takes the reader on a search for a worldview that can hold both beauty and terror, while singing in praise of creation.
- Author BiographySAWNIE MORRIS has been the recipient of a Poetry Society of America George Bogin Memorial Award and, for her chapbook in The Sound a Raven Makes (Tres Chicas Books, 2006), a co-winner of the New Mexico Book Award. Her writing about poetry and poets has won a Texas PEN Literary Award and has appeared in Kenyon Review, Contemporary Literary Criticism, and the Boston Review. She is a co-founder of Amigos Bravos: Because Water Matters, a non-profit advocacy organization for the waters of New Mexico, and she is a frequent contributor and past Book Review & Essay Editor for Taos Journal of International Poetry & Art. Sawnie lives in northern New Mexico with her husband, the artist and environmental activist Brian Shields. Her, Infinite was a finalist for fifteen national contests prior to selection for the New Issues Poetry Award.
- Author(s)Sawnie Morris
- PublisherNew Issues Poetry & Prose
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleFirst Book
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Issues Poetry & Prose
- Weight181 g
- Width150 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.