All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHer Ladyship's guide to speaking and writing better English. Wherever you are, whatever the company, good English will always stand you in good stead. The world's most important language has a number of difficult areas and pitfalls, and almost all of us have some area to improve, whether it's how to spell 'millennium', how to prounce 'schedule' the English way (as opposed to the American way), or find the correct word for the 'toilet' when talking to bishops and barons. Her Ladyship's Guide quickly takes you through the major problem areas. It covers: common mistakes in grammar (which will belie a lowly upbringing), common misspellings, commonly misused words, and the all-important choice of words and phrases to use in posh society with a pronunciation guide.
- Author BiographyCaroline Taggart is the author of Her Ladyship's Guide to the Queen's English, I Used to Know That, The Book of English Place Names and The Book of London Place Names, and co-author of My Grammar and I (or should that be 'Me'?). Also a highly experienced editor, she visits literary festivals and writers' workshops around the country, advising aspiring writers on how to get published. She is not related to Her Ladyship, but shares many of her prejudices. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Caroline Taggart
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleNational Trust History & Heritage
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations throughout
- Weight227 g
- Width117 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.