All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionSikh American women do the lion s share of organizing and executing the business of the Sikh community, and they straddle multiple lives and worlds cross-cultural, intergenerational, occupational, and domestic yet their experiences of faith, family, and community are virtually invisible in the North American milieu and have yet to be understood, documented, or shared. Until w. In Her Name Is Kaur: Sikh American Women Write About Love, Courage, and Faith, Sikh American women explore the concept of love from many angles, offering rich, critical insight into the lives of Sikh women in America. Through a chorus of multi-generational voices in essays ranging in tone from dramatic to humorous they share stories of growing into and experiencing self-love, spiritual love, love within family, romantic love, the love they nurture for humanity and the world through their professional work, and more. Eye-opening and multifaceted, this collection of stories encourages its readers to take the feeling of love and turn it into action practical action that will make the world a better place to be for everyone, regardless of their faith or creed.
- Author BiographyMeeta Kaur is the Managing Editor of the Sikh Love Stories Project, a story-telling project that reveals the inner lives of Sikh American women and men exploring love in revolutionary ways. She is a creative writer who is committed to the literary arts and the power of stories. Kaur has written for NPR, Hyphen Magazine, Sikh Chic and Asian Week. Kaur was also awarded the Hedgebrook Residency for fiction and The Elizabeth George grant for fiction. She graduated with an MFA in creative writing from Mills College, and is currently exploring gender identities, community building, and the issues that impact Sikhs in America through essays. Kaur loves spending time with her family, cooking, swimming, traveling, and exploring her spirituality through writing and with her family.
- PublisherShe Writes PR
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShe Writes PR
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMeeta Kaur
- Foreword byNikky-Guninder Kaur Singh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.