All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGarden-fresh herbs impart flavor and fragrance that dried, packaged products simply can't. Now, anyone with access to a few square yards of soil (or even a sunny patio or windowsill) can enjoy the punch and pungency that only come from fresh herbs, hand-picked from the garden. Herb Gardening from the Ground Up demonstrates how to design, seed, and nurture 38 culinary herb gardens that are delightful to the eye as well the palate. Designed to supply herbs for a wide range of flavors as well as a pleasing balance of colors, there are gardens to suit every taste and cooking trend, including a French chef's repertoire, an Italian trattoria's menu, the aromatic seasonings of Asia, the closer-to-home flavors of American barbecue, and the piquant profiles for a Tex-Mex feast. There are herbs for flavoring fish and game, soups and salads, bread and other baked goods, and, for the mixologists among us, even herbs for the home cocktail bar. Herb Gardening from the Ground Up offers historical insight, provides starting-from-scratch, season-to-season basics for planting in the present, and looks forward to the bright future of urban and suburban growing trends.
- Author BiographySAL GILBERTIE is the third generation owner/proprietor of Gilbertie's Herb Gardens located in Westport, Connecticut. Established in 1922, Gilbertie's is the largest herb grower and supplier in the United States today. Sal Gilbertie has been at the forefront of the organic vegetable gardening movement for more than 40 years. A highly respected and entertaining instructor, he was voted the 2011 Connecticut Organic Farmer of the Year. LARRY SHEEHAN's long list of writing credits include newspapers, magazines, television documentaries, and dozens of books including the best-selling Living with Dogs and The Sporting Life.
- Author(s)Larry Sheehan,Sal Gilbertie
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2012
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note82 Two-Colour Illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.