Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionHerbaceous Perennials is one of the new titles in a series of gardening books from David and Charles working in partnership with Hillier, Britain's most respected plantsmen. Herbaceous perennials can form a backbone for any flower garden, matter what its size or setting. They have been cherished by gardeners for generation after generation, and there are huge numbers to choose from. Often, the most striking and beautiful plants in the garden will be herbaceous perennials. They provide colour, form and texture for much of the year and can be used to great effect in a wide variety of gardens and planting schemes. The look of your planting scheme will change as each season progresses, depending t only on what is in flower but also on the plants' stage of growth. An effective planting is a continuously changing picture, with eugh variety throughout the seasons to maintain interest. Herbaceous Perennials emphasises the practicalities of using these essential plants, and the advice and direction given cant fail to inspire.
- Author BiographyAndrew McIndoe: Deputy Managing Director of Hillier and Director of the Hillier Garden Centres; designer of Hillier Chelsea stand for 15 years, with an unbroken record of Gold Medals; author and broadcaster. Kevin Hobbs A senior gardening expert at Hillier Nurseries, with a lifetime of experience in gardening and plants.
- Author(s)Andrew McIndoe,Kevin Hobbs
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- Series TitleHillier Gardener's Guide
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note500 colour illustrations
- Width205 mm
- Height250 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.