All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA fascinating and practical guide to herbs and their uses Includes delicious recipes and advice on making herbal medicines and cosmetics Packed with practical information on growing your own herbs, plus storing and preserving Herbs have been used for centuries and have myriad uses - this fascinating guide is a wonderful insight into the herbs that can be found growing throughout the British countryside. Information on each plant includes a general description for easy recognition, alongside the culinary, nutritional, cosmetic and medicinal properties of the plant. Delicious recipes are given throughout, while myths, legends and historical tales demonstrate how these versatile plants have been used throughout the ages to treat a range of ailments and flavour a wide variety of dishes. The book is packed with practical advice on how to pick and grow your own herbs, alongside information on propagation, cultivation and warding off pests and diseases from your herb garden.
- Author BiographyJane Eastoe has written many books on the subject of the outdoors, from the National Trust Book of the Countryside to the bestselling Hen Keeping. In her garden in Kent she has grown many varieties of old roses - mostly with success. Her practical experience of growing roses, combined with her love of historical research and her fashion sensibility, makes her the ideal candidate to write this refreshingly up-to-date appreciation of vintage roses.
- Author(s)Jane Eastoe
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- Series TitleNational Trust Home & Garden
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Trust Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight136 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.