All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigner Helga Curtis has selected 15 plants found in the Bible to use in creating applique blocks. Designs for five spices are given: mustard, saffron, cumin, mint and cinnamon. Six herb designs are given: mandrakes, chicory, onion, garlic, leek and shallot. Designs for fruits include olives, figs, grapes and dates. The blocks are used to stitch projects for the home, especially for the kitchen and dining area. In addition to giving applique designs for each plant, Helga gives a Biblical reference for each one and shares interesting tidbits about the plant, such as how the spices were used both in Bible times and also today. All the templates are full size. The photos are full color and the instructions are easy to follow. All the projects are beginner or easy skill level.
- Author BiographyHelga Curtis had an art gallery in New York City for many years and taught quilting in the evenings. Presently she lives in Brookville, Florida. She continues to teach quilting classes; her specialty is applique. Several of her students used her original designs to create the projects seen in this book.
- Author(s)Helga Curtis
- PublisherHouse of White Birches
- Date of Publication07/02/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBerne
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHouse of White Birches
- Content Note64 colour illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width204 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.