Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- Description<b>Greek mythology s mightiest hero faces the world s most fearsome beasts, monsters, and demons</b>Hercules, the son of Zeus and a mortal woman, was the greatest of the Greek heroes and the strongest man on earth. Three times as big as his fully mortal twin, and imbued with extraordinary courage and ingenuity, Hercules began his remarkable feats while still in the cradle. Zeus s wife, the goddess Hera, jealously schemed to kill Hercules, but the resourceful half-man, half-god escaped her traps and accomplished seemingly impossible tasks. Rewned mythologist Bernard Evslin recounts the famous twelve labors of Hercules, as the warrior tries to break Hera s curse by facing down the Nemean Lion, killing the many-headed Hydra, outwitting the giant Anteus, and more.
- Author BiographyBernard Evslin (1922 1993) was a bestselling and award-winning author known for his works on Greek and other cultural mythologies. The <i>New York Times</i> called him one of the most widely published authors of classical mythology in the world. He was born in New Rochelle, New York, and attended Rutgers University. After several years working as a playwright, screenwriter, and documentary producer, he began publishing novels and short stories in the late 1960s. During his long career, Evslin published more than seventy books over thirty of which were for young adults. His bestseller <i>Heroes, Gods and Monsters of the Greek Myths</i> has been translated into ten different languages and has sold more than ten million copies worldwide. He won the National Education Association Award in 1961, and in 1986 his book <i>Hercules</i> received the Washington Irving Children s Book Choice Award. Evslin died in Kauai, Hawaii, at the age of seventy-seven.
- Author(s)Bernard Evslin
- PublisherOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Teen & Tween
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.