All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionHow does place impact prose? Here: Women Writing on Michigan s Upper Peninsula explores that very question, drawing on the work of Upper Peninsula authors past and present to create a vibrant kaleidoscope of voices and experiences. Bame-wa-wa-ge-zhik-aquay, Janet Loxley Lewis, Lorine Niedecker, Catie Rosemurgy, and thirty-one other authors important to the region appear in this exceptional and diverse volume. In poetry ( Spring by Beverly Matherne, For Those Who Dream of Cranes by Elir Benedict, and Skin on Skin by Sally Brunk), short fiction ( North Country by Roxane Gay, For the Healing of All Women by April Lindala, and Winter Mines by Sharon Dilworth), and vel excerpts (from Once on This Island by Gloria Whelan, South of Superior by Ellen Airgood, and Dandelion Cottage by Carroll Watson Rankin), the unique character of the U.P. materializes on the page. The book also shines a spotlight on powerful emerging voices such as Lisa Fay Coutley, Charmi Keranen, and Saara Myrene Raappana. The first of its kind, this is an anthology for all seasons, an homage to the rich literary heritage of the region.
- Author BiographyRonald Riekki is an award-winning poet, novelist, and playwright. Since 2010, he has headed the U.P./MI Book Tour, which has scheduled literary events throughout the state of Michigan, particularly in rural communities.
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRonald Reikki,Ronald Riekki
- Foreword byAlison Swan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.