All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionSurvey research reveals that SLPs feel poorly prepared to treat children and adults who stutter. Here's How to Do Stuttering Therapy serves as a practical guide to provide stuttering therapy, based upon a well-articulated philosophy of the disorder. The book is a practical guide that provides readers with a solid rationale for assessment and treatment, but does t dwell on theories, philosophies, or specific programs. Rather, the orientation is toward application, while providing a justification based upon research and the information we kw about stuttering. The uniqueness of the book is the focus on applied practice and functional applications. While other books present theory and structure of therapeutic approaches, Here's How to Do Stuttering Therapy offers a hands-on, eclectic approach centered on the needs of the client, rather than the structure of any specific treatment program.
- Author BiographyDr. Rentschler is Clinic Director at Duquesne University, where is heads the stuttering therapy program at the University Clinic. He is a Board Recognized Specialist in Fluency Disorders, and is currently serving as a Board member of the Specialty Recognition Board. Dr. Rentschler has been recognized as 'Speech Pathologist of the Year' by the National Stuttering Association. In addition to his role in clinical education, he teaches courses in stuttering therapy, professional ethics, and legal issues for speech pathologists. Dr. Rentschler received a Master of Arts and Doctoral degrees for State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Author(s)Gary J. Rentschler
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content NoteB/W
- Weight540 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.