All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume are all written by experts in their field. The research on and the pedagogical experience with heritage language education has shown that heritage language training in the elementary school system tends to facilitate, rather than hinder, the acquisition of literacy and communicative fluency in the dominant languages. It tends to enhance the child's cognitive development and academic performance. It promotes a favourable outlook on one's ethcultural background and on the cultural differences of others.
- Author BiographyDr Marcel Danesi is Professor of Semiotics and Linguistic Anthropology at the University of Toronto. He is also Director of the Program in Semiotics and Communication Theory. He has published on language and sign theory, and has founded a research center (Center for Communication and Information Sciences) for the study and documentation of the role of language in modern-day technological culture.
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1993
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Weight358 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Edited byKeith A. McLeod,Marcel Danesi,Sonia Morris
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.