All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.74Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionLearning in early adolescence that the debonair bootlegger-cum-innkeeper is t her biological father, Mia's precocious daughter develops a fierce self-reliance. In the midst of the apprehension and controversy simmering in prewar America, Josie studies to be a nurse and becomes romantically involved, first with a disillusioned cowboy veteran of foreign battlefields, and then with a cultivated refugee surgeon obligated elsewhere. An army nurse remaining in Europe after World War II, Josie breaks a powerful taboo with a biracial expatriate writer in the exhilarating ambience of postwar Paris. Returning to America in the complacency of the late 1950s, she boldly combines marriage and motherhood with medical school. A decade later, Josie's family is unraveling as cultural explosions are transforming America. She strives for the strength to assume a significant role in an emergent women's movement while her marriage hangs in the balance.
- Author BiographyJudith Slawson King is the author of Robert Duvall: Hollywood Maverick (St. Martin's Press), Legal Affairs (Pocket Books) and The Second Wedding Handbook (Doubleday). She currently makes her home in Colorado's Roaring Fork Valley.
- Author(s)Judith Slawson King
- PublisherRiver Bend Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiver Bend Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.