All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis series of articles first appeared beginning in December 1864, with the final article appearing in April 1867. In them Abbot gives us a victor's view of some of the battles and men that saved the Union. There are several articles on the battles on and along the Mississippi including Port Hudson and Vicksburg, both from the land and Naval Perspectives. Battles beyond the Mississippi, including Texas are covered as well as the battles in the heart of secessionist Arkansas, Florida and along the borders. Excursions by rail and cavalry into the heart of the south are explored. The land and sea battles on the North Carolina coast, on and along Abermarle and Pamlico Sounds are detailed. This book is illustrated as the original articles. John Stevens Cabot Abbott was an American author of popular histories and articles in the mid nineteenth century.
- Author(s)J S C Abbott
- Date of Publication26/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.