All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays consider the way that heroes and the domestic spaces they defend have been represented in 20th and early 21st century popular forms, especially film, comic books and material culture. The authors work in various academic disciplines such as English, film studies, history and human geography, thus bringing a rich variety of theoretical vantage points to the reader in a single collection. Topics covered include Tales of Suspense , Captain America , gender and popular culture during World War II, Iron Man and the military-industrial complex, Batman , Xena: Warrior Princess , The Ring , Ridley Scott, and many others.
- Author BiographyLisa M. DeTora is an assistant professor and assistant director in the English department at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, index
- Weight458 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLisa M. DeTora
Save on Textbooks
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.