All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient Greek poet Hesiod is best kwn for two poems, the Theogony and the Works and Days. The Theogony gives an account of the creation of the universe and the war between the Titans and Olympians, while Works and Days offers plain-speaking advice on everything from how to cut timber for a plough to behaviour best avoided at a holy banquet. Hesiod's Calendar brings each poem to life in two robustly colloquial sonnet sequences. Saxton's fresh and witty treatment re-imagines the original texts for modern readers, in poetry that is faithful to the mythic power and the vivid immediacy of the ancient works. The poet's introduction and detailed tes provide a fascinating insight into a dialogue between two poets across the centuries.
- Author BiographyRobert Saxton is the editorial director of an illustrated book publishing company. He is the author of Local Honey, Manganese, and The Promise Clinic.
- Author(s)Robert Saxton
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight132 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.