All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA glimpse of the savvy that built a global corporation from scratch Hess: The Last Oil Baron profiles a titan of the oil industry, mapping the journey of the quintessential American dream. The story of Leon Hess follows an immigrant kosher butcher's son as he builds an oil dynasty that may never be matched. The multinational, multi-billion-dollar company began with a single second-hand delivery truck and the Rockefeller-caliber business acumen of one young man. Interviews with former employees, beneficiaries, and even his high school sweetheart provide an insider's perspective on the man behind the legacy, allowing today's aspiring entrepreneurs the opportunity to learn from one of the nation's most inspiring success stories. Leon Hess built a global empire from the ground up. Along the way, he fought in a war, did business with Muammar Qaddafi, won a Super Bowl as the owner of the Jets, was involved in Watergate, and introduced the Hess toy truck that became a holiday tradition for millions of Americans. More than just a book of business strategy, Hess tells the story of a life fascinatingly lived, and the legacy he left behind. * Discover the man behind the company, the Jets football team, and the iconic toy truck * Learn how the actions of Leon Hess affected the modern push toward energy independence * Study the strategy that turned a single-truck operation into a major integrated company * Consider the challenges Hess Corp. faces to its family legacy today, and the solutions being implemented Leon Hess' strategies and techniques can be emulated and imitated, but his entrepreneurial fire is something altogether more rare. Hess provides readers with a glimpse of the man whose unrivaled ambition changed an industry and a nation.
- Author BiographyTINA DAVIS is an editor for Bloomberg News and has been writing about energy issues for almost two decades. She previously worked for The Economist, the Sunday Times of London, and The Energy Daily. JESSICA RESNICK-AULT is an editor for Thomson Reuters and has been writing about energy for more than a decade. She previously worked for Bloomberg News, Dow Jones Newswires, and The Providence Journal.
- Author(s)Jessica Resnick-Ault,Tina Davis
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleBloomberg
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width163 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.