CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionEven to a girl from the slums of Bristol, the streets of Glasgow were inhospitable and grey; the wealth and splendour of its mansions cold and heartless. But for Hester Dark, there could be turning back - she would make this cruel city the home of her dreams. Everyone said that Hester was lucky. Lucky to have a wealthy uncle in Scotland who was willing to take her in. Lucky to have all the advantages that his money could buy. But Hester's new, bright world held dark secrets, jealousies, and fears. And one had spoken of the women who would despise her for her beauty and her independence - and the men who would buy her soul and call it love.
- Author BiographyEmma Blair was a pen name for Scottish actor and author Iain Blair, who began writing in his spare time and whose first novel, Where No Man Cries, was published in 1982. During a writing career spanning three decades he produced some thirty novels, but his true identity remained a secret until 1998 when his novel Flower of Scotland was nominated for the RNA Romantic Novel of the Year award. He was one of Britain's most popular authors and his books among the most borrowed from libraries. Iain Blair died in July 2011.
- Author(s)Emma Blair
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/06/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Out-of-print date14/10/2016
- Weight224 g
- Width117 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.