All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionFabian Schnell develops a model indicating that by keeping real interest rates too low, monetary policy can distort the allocation of resources across firms and potentially delay ecomic recovery after a recession. This is a new channel of monetary policy that is especially relevant in view of Quantitative Easing programs. A second model focuses on the short-term implications of heterogeneously productive firms, showing an acceleration effect of techlogy shocks. Finally, an empirical investigation of firms' price-setting behaviors shows that time-dependent factors, relative to state-dependent ones, play a small role with respect to the probability and the size of a price change. All results provide new insights for monetary policy.
- Author BiographyFabian Schnell, Ph.D., works as a research associate at the University of St. Gallen and as a project leader for economic policy at economiesuisse, the Swiss Business Federation.
- Author(s)Fabian Schnell
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight252 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.