Hey Buddy: In Pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music by Gary W. Moore (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.14Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe was just a kid from Lubbock, Texas, sporting black horn-rimmed glasses, blue jeans, a white T-shirt, white socks and loafers. And he changed the course of music history. Gary W. Moore, the award-winning and critically acclaimed author of Playing with the Enemy, was never confused with real Buddy Holly fans. Gary was t a fan of rock music or what he believed it represented in our culture. He was familiar with Buddy's name and thought he was dead, but he couldn't name a single song Buddy had written or performed. In a single evening all that changed when the late great Buddy Holly reached out from a stage in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and seized Gary's heart and soul through a song. Not a song written or performed by Buddy, but a song about Buddy performed by musician extraordinaire John Mueller. Hey Buddy: In Pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music is a warm and intimate chronicle of the author's personal journey to discover more about Buddy himself, his music, his influence, and the times in which he lived. Join Gary as he meets Buddy's personal friends and family members, celebrities, and everyday Buddy enthusiasts. Their unique and intimate stories will make you laugh, smile, cry and think, all the while wondering what if? What if Buddy had lived instead of perished in that terrible plane crash in Clear Lake, Iowa, on that winter night in 1959? What if Buddy had continued to write music into the 1960s and 70s? His dramatic and enduring legacy influenced everyone from the Beatles and The Rolling Stones to writers, fans, and John Mueller, who took the stage in Iowa one cold night t too long ago to recreate the Winter Dance Party of 1959, and in doing so, influenced an author to pick up his pen and explore a legacy that still affects us today.
- Author BiographyGary W. Moore is known worldwide as an inspirational and motivational speaker of choice, successful entrepreneur, accomplished musician, and award-winning and critically acclaimed author. As author of Playing with the Enemy, Gary tells the story of his father, Gene Moore and his remarkable life in baseball and war. Playing with the Enemy is inspiring readers around the globe and will soon be a major motion picture. Gary is also a contributing author to the bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul series and author of three upcoming books, Hey Buddy: In Pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music; Brimstone: The Dee Harper Story; and Carbon Hill. Gary has been featured in publications such as Entrepreneur Magazine, Selling Power Magazine, Sales and Marketing Management Magazine, Impromptu Magazine, and Southwest Airlines' Spirit Magazine, and has appeared on CNN, CNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox. Gary is a recipient of the prestigious Sam Walton Leadership Award and because of his unique speaking and writing style, has become known as America's Storyteller! (TM)
- Author(s)Gary W. Moore
- PublisherSavas Beatie
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationEl Dorado Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSavas Beatie
- Content Note44 b/w photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.