CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.55Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.64
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.42
- AU $29.98Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.51
- AU $12.72Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.24
About this product
- DescriptionIndependent Foreign Fiction Prize-winner and Granta Best Young Spanish- Language Novelist Santiago Roncagliolo returns with his acclaimed translator Edith Grossman with a raucous phone sex vella and three dark, entrancing stories. Told entirely in dialog, Hi, This Is Conchita is a virtuosic comic vella about men pushed past their breaking point--and the women who drive them crazy. Peru's heir to the incisive social literature of Mario Vargas Llosa weaves a complex tale of an office worker hiring a hitman to kill his mistress, a man leaving feverish messages on his beloved's answering machine, and a phone sex worker whose client is literally crazy about her. The three stories that follow reveal Roncagliolo's masterful range. Despoiler is the claustrophobic tale of a Carnival in Barcelona that brings one middle-aged woman face-to-face to her childhood demons. Butterflies Fastened with Pins is the perversely comic account of a man whose friends keep killing themselves. And The Passenger Beside You is a surreal story narrated by a woman with a gaping bullet wound right through her heart.
- Author BiographySantiago Roncagliolo is a Peruvian novelist and investigative journalist. His first novel, Red April, won the Premio Alfaguara in 2006 and the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize in 2011. In 2010 Granta named him one of its 22 Best Young Spanish-Language Novelists. He contributes to El Pais and other leading Spanish-language newspapers. Santiago Roncagliolo lives in Barcelona. Edith Grossman is one of the English-language's most renowned translators, having translated key works by Nobel laureates Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Mario Vargas Llosa. Her translation of Don Quixote was praised by Harold Bloom for the extraordinarily high quality of her prose. Grossman lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Santiago Roncagliolo
- PublisherTwo Lines Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwo Lines Press
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byMs Edith Grossman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.