All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis second and sister volume to Hidden Gems showcases a further range of plays by Black British writers whose work reaches beyond themes too-often perceived by mainstream theatre commissioning as defining Black people's experiences. The plays, modrama and libretto represent subject-matter from woman-centred history, revolutionary politics, trans-racial adoption and African-diasporic familial heritage, as contoured by the writers' boundary-crossing profiles as poets, playwrights, performers and directors. The accompanying critical introductions are provided by people committed to recognising the aesthetic and political significance of the work, and its necessary inclusion in British theatre and literary history.
- Author BiographyAustralian born Deirdre Osborne is a Senior Lecturer at Goldsmiths, University of London. She has interviewed and published extensively on the work of Black British writers (such as Kwame Kwei-Armah, Roy Williams, Lemn Sissay, SuAndi, debbie tucker green, Andrea Levy, Valerie Mason-John and Mojisola Adebayo) and always insists upon inclusion of the field in any curricula to which she contributes. A second anthology of edited plays by Black playwrights, Hidden Gems will be published by Oberon.
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight544 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDeirdre Osborne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.