All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionHidden Harbours of Southwest Scotland is a lively tour of small and infrequently visited harbours on the stunning Scottish coast and its nearby islands, starting from Port Logan in the south and meandering rthwards to Lerags on Loch Feochan in the Firth of Lorn. The southwest coast of Scotland is one of the most beautiful cruising areas in the world, combining dramatic scenery with interesting history and landmarks. Many of its shores are lined with old castles and the magnificent historical houses of rich industrialists, reflecting its significance as an area of busy trade. The more recent military developments, which include a wartime torpedo base at Loch Long and the naval headquarters at Faslane on Gare Loch, also have a significant presence. Small harbours further south were shaped by the trade in natural resources and the flow of passengers via Clyde Puffer boats to and from nearby cities such as Glasgow and beyond. Each hidden harbour, many of which are simple but attractive piers or shipways built to support trade, has a story to tell. The book includes a historical overview plus tes on what is to be found at each, alongside full colour photographs and antated aerial shots. This edition complements the other Hidden Harbours titles in the series by Dag Pike.
- Author BiographyDag Pike began his career as a merchant captain, went on to test RNLI lifeboats, and took up fast boat navigation, winning a string of trophies for powerboat races around the world, including navigating Richard Branson's Virgin Atlantic Challenger on the record-breaking fastest Atlantic crossing by powerboat. He is now a navigation and powerboat journalist in demand all round the world.
- Author(s)Dag Pike
- PublisherImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHuntingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImray,Laurie,Norie & Wilson Ltd
- Width250 mm
- Height207 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.