All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1997, a Dutch demolition contractor found a bundle of papers hidden in the ceiling of a house in Amsterdam. What he discovered were 86 letters, postcards, and telegrams written by Philip 'Flip' Slier, a 17-year old Dutch Jew, to his family while imprisoned in a Nazi labour camp in the Netherlands in 1942. Hidden Letters includes all 86 letters written by Flip, translated into English, brought to life with over 300 photographs, maps, and other primary source documents - including first-hand accounts from Dutch Holocaust survivors - they provide a heartfelt, honest, and articulate account of a young man trying to survive the horrors of persecution and gecide.
- Author BiographyDeborah Slier is a former editor for Penguin Books, Random House, and Macmillan. In 1994 she started her own publishing company, Star Bright Books. Ian Shine was born in England and educated at Cambridge. He worked as a doctor while authoring two books on genetics and is a successful medical researcher, patenting several novel analytical techniques He is currently working on A Bloody History of the Twentieth Century.
- Author(s)Deborah Slier,Ian Shine
- PublisherStar Bright Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStar Bright Books
- Content Notefull-colour & b&w photos throughout
- Weight1243 g
- Width254 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.