Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides an introduction to hidden Markov models (HMMs) for the dynamical systems community. It is a valuable text for third or fourth year undergraduates studying engineering, mathematics, or science that includes work in probability, linear algebra and differential equations. The book presents algorithms for using HMMs, and it explains the derivation of those algorithms. It presents Kalman filtering as the extension to a continuous state space of a basic HMM algorithm. The book concludes with an application to biomedical signals. This text is distinctive for providing essential introductory material as well as presenting eugh of the theory behind the basic algorithms so that the reader can use it as a guide to developing their own variants.
- Author BiographyAndrew M. Fraser is a Technical Staff Member in the ISR division of the Los Alamos National Laboratory where he uses stochastic models in his work on signal analysis. He spent 15 years at Portland State University in Oregon serving on the faculties of both the Systems Science PhD Program and the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department before joining LANL in 2005. He earned a PhD in Physics from UT-Austin with a dissertation on the use of mutual information estimates in the analysis of chaotic time series. Before graduate school, he designed bipolar memory technology and products at Fairchild semiconductor. He is a member of SIAM and a Senior Member of the IEEE.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Fraser
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.