Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.04+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a unique portrait of California's beloved wine country. From its stunning landscape to its culture and gourmet sophistication, these striking images of the valley, captured throughout the seasons, illustrate the unique treasures of California's prized vineyards. Chronicled in color photographs by gifted local photographer Wes Walker, this portrait of California's promised land comes alive in history, legend, and lore. Updated with many new locations, this enlarged edition has also been expanded to include an index as well as a resource guide packed with great Napa wineries, shops, hotels, B&Bs, and restaurants. Accompanied by quotations from great writers and personalities including: Robert Mondavi, Robert Louis Stevenson, Ernest Hemingway, Galileo, Ursula K. Le Guin, MFK Fisher, Dawnine Dyer, and Herb Caen.
- Author BiographyWES WALKER was born in California and lived in Napa for nearly three decades. His photographs were first published in the 1970s by the Sierra Club and have subsequently appeared Sierra, The New Yorker, National Geographic Adventure, The Smithsonian, and The American Museum of Natural History. In 2004, his Napa photographs were the subject of a one-man show at the Jessel Gallery in Napa. Walker not only photographed the Napa and Sonoma areas but also participated in the local industry as a grower of premium Cabernet Sauvignon grapes for Silver Oak Cellars. Welcome Books has published two other books of Walker's photographs: Hidden Sonoma (2006) and Tuscan Country: A Photographer's Journey (2007). PETER BEREN is co-author of The Writer's Companion (Perseus), and editor of California the Beautiful (Welcome Books). Peter is the former publisher of Sierra Club Books and founding publisher of VIA Books. He lives in the San Francisco Bay area. LIND REIFF has served as executive director of the Napa Valley Vintners (NVV) association since 1995. Under her leadership NVV membership has raeched nearly 400 wineries, marketing and promotions programs have expanded worldwide, and the organization has become a leader on key industry issues. THE NVV is the creator and organizer of Auction Napa Valley, the world's most successful charity wine auction, which has give $90 million to local health care, youth development, and affordable housing causes. Reiff worked with Wes Walker while he served as a community member of the Auction Napa Valley Board of Directors from 2002 to 2007.
- Author(s)Wes Walker
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication27/04/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWelcome Enterprises, Inc
- Content Note100 Colour Photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width184 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $34.56
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.45
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.30
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.76
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.73
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.