All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that trains used to travel by sail across the Angus countryside, that Scotland produced a Queen of Morocco, saw the death of Queen Guinevere and elected a Queen of the island of Handa?In this marvellously entertaining and informative book, Ann Lindsay introduces a huge range of quirky, intriguing and amusing details about Scotland's past and present. Some of what she reveals is verifiable by fact, some shrouded in mystery and superstition. Packed with information on curious places, bizarre happenings and perplexing oddities, Hidden Scotland will surprise even the most erudite student of Scottish culture. It includes instructions on how to get to all the places mentioned in the book, making it an indispensable companion to those keen to explore the more alternative destinations on Scotland's tourist trail.
- Author BiographyAnn Lindsay is the author of a number of bestselling books, including The Dried Flower Garden (Batsford) and Seeds Blood and Beauty: Scottish Plant Explorers (Birlinn). She has also contributed over to the years to a wide range of newspapers and magazines, including Sunday Herald, Sunday Post, Country Life and the Scots Magazine.
- Author(s)Ann Lindsay
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illustrated throughout
- Weight431 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.