All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe Psalms of the Old Testament are a wonderful source of inspiration and wisdom which rank alongside the poetry of Homer, Dante, Shakespeare and Goethe. Successive translations and association with outdated doctrines have, however, caused much of their original value to be lost. In this authoritative book, Rudolf Frieling demonstrates a unique gift for uncovering these hidden treasures, and presenting them afresh. His scholarly grasp of the original Hebrew language, and his profound sense of the mystical and even occult significance of the sacred poetry makes these studies a unique guide to one of the most beautiful books of the Old Testament.
- Author BiographyRudolf Frieling (1901-86) was one of the founders of The Christian Community. Before becoming the leader of this movement for religious renewal in 1957, his work took him to Leipzig, Vienna, New York and Stuttgart. He is the author of many books on Christian thinking.
- Author(s)Rudolf Frieling
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Weight282 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byMabel Cotterell,Alfred Heidenreich
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.