All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHiding Edith tells the true story of Edith Schwalb. The Schwalb family were amongst the many Jewish families who fled their homes as Nazi power increased in the lead-up to World War II. Edith was sent to Moissac, a small town in the south of France where the whole village kept the secret of a couple (Shatta and Bouli Simon) who ran a children's home in the area and protected the identity of the Jewish children who stayed there. Eventually the home is forced to close and Edith experiences many other dangers, surviving to tell her tale. Kathy Kacer captures the spirit of young Edith in this dramatic and moving account of Edith's personal experience during World War II.
- Author BiographyKathy Kacer is an award-winning Canadian writer of non fiction for children. She has written several books focusing on the Holocaust.
- Author(s)Kathy Kacer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight184 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.