All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionHiding in Plain Sight tells the story of the global effort to apprehend the world's most wanted fugitives. Beginning with the flight of tens of thousands of Nazi war criminals and their collaborators after World War II, then moving on to the question of justice following the recent Balkan wars and the Rwandan gecide, and ending with the establishment of the International Criminal Court and America's pursuit of suspected terrorists in the aftermath of 9/11, the book explores the range of diplomatic and military strategies-both successful and unsuccessful - that states and international courts have adopted to pursue and capture war crimes suspects. It is a story fraught with broken promises, back room politics, ethical dilemmas, and daring escapades-all in the name of international justice and human rights. Hiding in Plain Sight is a companion book to the public television documentary Dead Reckoning: Postwar Justice from World War II to The War on Terror.
- Author BiographyEric Stover is Faculty Director of the Human Rights Center and Adjunct Professor of Law and Public Health in the School of Law, University of California, Berkeley. Victor Peskin is Associate Professor in the School of Politics and Global Studies at Arizona State University and Research Fellow at the Human Rights Center, School of Law, University of California, Berkeley. Alexa Koenig is Executive Director of the Human Rights Center and Lecturer in Residence in the School of Law, University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)Alexa Koenig,Eric Stover,Victor A. Peskin
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.