Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe marvellous fused glassware of the Higgins Glass Studio first captivated buyers in the 1950s and 1960s, and continues to delight collectors today. With its arresting mix of geometric and curved lines, and bold use of colours, Higgins glass transformed ordinary table and giftware, from chip bowls and cake-stands to candleholders and cigarette boxes, into something vibrant and exciting. Useful as well as attractive, the designs of artists Frances and Michael Higgins harnessed vivid imagination to innate practicality. Over 750 colour and vintage photographs feature hundreds of pieces t shown before. Newly discovered promotional photos, original designs, and advertising materials and extensive commentary by Frances Higgins and other Studio personnel highlight the informative, entertaining text. A personal view of the creation of Higgins glass is presented. The Studio today showcases talent that continues to build on the Higgins tradition. Current price estimates are also included. The result is a work destined to appeal to all with an interest in design and crafts of the mid-20th century.
- Author BiographyDonald-Brian Johnson (text) and Leslie Pina (photography and design) are the authors of numerous Schiffer books, including Higgins: Adventures in Glass.
- Author(s)Donald Johnson,Leslie Pina
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note763 colour & vintage photos
- Weight1000 g
- Width245 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.