All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people who survived an almost unsurviveable plane crash would be tempted to sit back, take a good hard look at life and take things a little bit easier. Mike Allsop is t most people. Almost losing his life in a Twin Otter crash off the coast of Hawaii awakened Mike's zest for life and his thirst for adventure. Mountaineering became Mike's passion and climbing led to him almost getting shot in Russia, narrowly missing a fatal avalanche in Peru, returning a replica of a stolen Yeti hand to a Nepalese monastery and then attempting the biggest climb of them all - Everest. Not content with being an exceptional climber, Mike then decided to take up running. But he was never going to be a weekend jogger, he soon cooked up plans to run seven marathons, in seven continents, in seven days - The 777 Project - and also to run the world's highest marathon on the slopes of Mt Everest.
- Author BiographyMike Allsop is a commercial airline pilot, adventurer and speaker based in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Author(s)Mike Allsop
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication23/07/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAuckland, N.Z.
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note1 x 16pp b+w photos
- Weight378 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.