All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.83Trending at AU $55.90
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with high conflict personalities (HCPs) clog our courts as plaintiffs with inappropriate claims against their personal targets of blame, and as defendants who have harmed others and need to be stopped. Everybody kws someone with a High Conflict Personality. How can he be so unreasonable? Why does she keep fighting? Can't she see how destructive she is? Can you believe they're going to court over ______? Some HCPs are more difficult than others, but they tend to share a similar preoccupation with blame that drives them into one dispute after ather--and keeps everyone perplexed about how to deal with them. Using case examples and an analysis of the general litigation and negotiation behaviors of HCPs, this book helps make sense of the fears that drive people to file lawsuits and complaints. It provides insight for containing their behavior while managing and/or resolving their disputes. Characteristics of the five high-conflict personality disorders are explored: BorderlineNarcissistic Histrionic ParaidAntisocial Bill Eddy is a lawyer, therapist, mediator, and President of the High Conflict Institute. He developed the High Conflict Personality theory and is an international expert on the subject. He is a Certified Family Law Specialist and Senior Family Mediator at the National Conflict Resolution Center. He has taught at the University of San Diego School of Law, is on the part-time faculty of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the Pepperdine University School of Law and the National Judicial College, and lectures at Monash University in Australia.
- Author BiographyBill Eddy is a lawyer, therapist, mediator and the President of High Conflict Institute. He developed the High Conflict Personality theory (HCP Theory) and has become an international expert on managing disputes involving high conflict personalities and personality disorders. He provides training on this subject to legal, business, law enforcement, mental health, and other professionals. He has been a speaker and trainer in the U.S., Canada, France, Switzerland, and Sweden. As an attorney, Bill is a Certified Family Law Specialist in California and the Senior Family Mediator at the National Conflict Resolution Center in San Diego. Prior to becoming an attorney in 1992, he was a Licensed Clinical Social worker with twelve years' experience providing therapy to children, adults, couples and families in psychiatric hospitals and outpatient clinics. He has taught Negotiation and Mediation at the University of San Diego School of Law for six years and he is on the part-time faculty of the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at the Pepperdine University School of Law and the National Judicial College. He is a frequent lecturer at Monash University in Australia.
- Author(s)Bill Eddy
- PublisherHCI Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationScottsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHCI Press
- Content NoteB&W illustrations, tables
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised and Updated ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.