High Exposure: An Enduring Passion for Everest and Other Unforgiving Places by David Breashears (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor generations of adventurers, from Mallory to Hilary, Norgay to Krakauer, Mount Everest and the world's greatest peaks have provided the ultimate testing ground. But as the public's fascination with mountaineering reaches an all time high, the question remains - why climb? In High Exposure, legendary rock climber, mountaineer and film-maker David Breashears answers with a captivating and intimate look at his life, during which he has scaled many of the world's highest peaks, including two successful ascents of Everest.
- Author BiographyDavid Breashears is a world-class film-maker and mountaineer. He has worked on such feature films as Seven Years in Tibet and Cliffhanger, as well as the award-winning documentary Red Flag over Tibet. In 1983 he transmitted the first live pictures from the summit of Mount Everest. He is the recipient of four Emmy awards for achievement in cinematograohy. In 1996 he co-directed, photographed and co-produced the acclaimed IMAX film Everest.
- Author(s)David Breashears
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2003
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content Note16pp colour plate section, photographs
- Weight281 g
- Width134 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Introduction byJon Krakaeur
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.