High-Functioning Autism/Asperger Syndrome in Schools: Assessment and Intervention by Kelly A. Powell-Smith, Richard J. Cowan, Frank J. Sansosti (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- Est. delivery by 7 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeeting a growing need for school-based practitioners, this book provides vital tools for improving the academic, behavioral, and social outcomes of students with high-functioning autism or Asperger syndrome (HFA/AS). Research-based best practices are presented for conducting meaningful assessments; collaborating with teachers, students, and parents to prevent school difficulties and problem solve when they occur; and developing effective individualized education programs (IEPs). In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book features a wealth of practical prevention and intervention strategies, illustrated with concrete examples. Over a dozen reproducibles include interview forms and observation sheets. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyFrank J. Sansosti, PhD, NCSP, is Assistant Professor in the School Psychology Program at Kent State University. He has extensive experience working with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in both school and clinic settings. Previously, Dr. Sansosti worked as a school psychologist and district-level autism consultant in West Central Florida. His primary research and professional interests focus on the development and implementation of behavioral and social skills interventions for young children with ASD, best-practice approaches for the inclusion of students with low-incidence disabilities, and response to intervention. He is an active workshop presenter and a consultant to multiple school districts. Kelly A. Powell-Smith, PhD, NCSP, is a senior research scientist with Dynamic Measurement Group. Formerly, she was Associate Professor of School Psychology at the University of South Florida. Dr. Powell-Smith's research interests include using formative assessment data within a problem-solving model for educational decision making, development of early literacy skills, procedures for and outcomes of reintegration, and service delivery to low-incidence populations, including children with Asperger syndrome. She has provided formal technical assistance and/or training related to the use of formative assessment and academic interventions in 16 states and in Canada, and has led over 150 workshops and presentations. Richard J. Cowan, PhD, NCSP, is Associate Professor and Coordinator in the School Psychology Program at Kent State University. He has been a leader in a number of research projects and publications, presentations, and grants focusing on autism and positive behavior supports. His primary line of inquiry focuses on the development, implementation, and evaluation of academic and behavioral programs for children with ASD. His research and clinical interests also encompass the implementation and evaluation of positive behavior supports across the universal, targeted, and intensive levels of intervention. Dr. Cowan is an active workshop presenter and trainer.
- Author(s)Frank J. Sansosti,Kelly A. Powell-Smith,Richard J. Cowan
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.