Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionHigh Island Blues is the eighth vel featuring George and Molly Palmer-Jones by Ann Cleeves, author of the Shetland and Vera Stanhope crime series. West Country Wildlife's birdwatching package to America has presented tour guide Rob Earle with the perfect opportunity for a reunion with his old college friends Mick Brownscombe, w working in Texas as an environmental consultant, and Oliver Adamson. It is the first time in twenty years the three have been together - since the fateful holiday to America during which they met the enigmatic Laurie ...Rob's tour party is hoping for spectacular sights at High Island on the Upper Texas coast. For here - as the spring storms begin - swarms of migrating birds fall from the sky seeking shelter. But as the rain pours down and the birds descend, the party is greeted with a far more shocking sight - the dead body of Mick Brownscombe. Back in Britain PIs George and Molly Palmer-Jones are working on a mir fraud case in which the name of Brownscombe Associates has also cropped up. So when George receives a desperate transatlantic call from his friend Rob, he is on the first plane to Texas. But his investigations make little progress - until the second body is found ...
- Author BiographyAnn Cleeves is the author behind ITV's Vera and BBC One's Shetland. She has written over twenty-five novels, and is the creator of detectives Vera Stanhope and Jimmy Perez - characters loved both on screen and in print. Her books have now sold over 1 million copies worldwide. Ann worked as a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing. She is a member of 'Murder Squad', working with other British northern writers to promote crime fiction. In 2006 Ann was awarded the Duncan Lawrie Dagger (CWA Gold Dagger) for Best Crime Novel, for Raven Black, the first book in her Shetland series. In 2012 she was inducted into the CWA Crime Thriller Awards Hall of Fame. Ann lives in North Tyneside. Her Vera Stanhope series includes: The Crow Trap, Telling Tales, Hidden Depths, Silent Voices, The Glass Room, Harbour Street and The Moth Catcher. Her Shetland series includes: Raven Black, White Nights, Red Bones, Blue Lightning, Dead Water and Thin Air.
- Author(s)Ann Cleeves
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleGeorge and Molly Palmer-jones
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Weight281 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.