All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis three-volume book provides a comprehensive review of experiments in very strong magnetic fields that can only be generated with very special magnets. The first volume is entirely devoted to the techlogy of laboratory magnets: permanent, superconducting, high-power water-cooled and hybrid; pulsed magnets, both ndestructive and destructive (megagauss fields). Volumes 2 and 3 contain reviews of the different areas of research where strong magnetic fields are an essential research tool. These volumes deal primarily with solid-state physics; other research areas covered are biological systems, chemistry, atomic and molecular physics, nuclear resonance, plasma physics and astrophysics (including QED).
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication08/10/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Height230 mm
- Edited byFritz Herlach,Miura Noboru
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.