All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLegendary fencing instructor Maitre Bac H Tau described what he called the 'six essentials that are in a fencer's mind': 'The first is called spirit; The second, rhythm; The third, thought; The fourth, technique; The fifth, tactic, and the last is strategy.' As a fencer you can fight with spirit, experience rhythm, think your way around problems, and develop technique, tactic and strategy by training with top-flight fencing masters. But there is more. Modern fencing is a highly competitive speed and endurance sport and the 'seventh essential' in a high-performance fencer's mind is how to prepare themselves physically and mentally to fence. In High Performance Fencing: The Seventh Essential, Ed Rogers covers every aspect of the preparation required by a fencer competing at the highest level. The book provides sound practical advice and is based on tried-and-tested training principles that have repeatedly proved successful.
- Author BiographyEd Rogers is on the board of Scottish Fencing and on the list of examiners for the British Academy of Fencing in Scotland. His first book Fencing - Essential Skills Training (Crowood) was placed on British Fencing's recommended reading list. He is a veteran Scottish international, retired architect and town planner, who now spends much of his time coaching and writing about fencing.
- Author(s)Ed Rogers
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note148 colour photographs and diagrams
- Weight375 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.