All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a South Carolina slave to one of the most successful ranchers in Canadian history, John Ware was kwn for his incredible strength of character and sheer force of will. Georgetown, 1867. Twenty-two-year-old John Ware kws there is future for him in post-abolition South Carolina. In the hope of finding work on a cattle ranch in Texas, he makes the thousand-mile trip by foot, skirting lynch mobs along the wartorn way. His talent for breaking mules lands him a job near Fort Worth, where he stays for a decade learning the cowboy trade. But when opportunity kcks, John heads rth to Canada as a cattle drover, and although he must confront racist trouble-makers, contend with shady business deals, and even suffer the tragic loss of close friends, John presses on. The true story of John Ware has finally been brought to life in this fictionalized portrait of one of history's unsung heroes.
- Author BiographyBill Gallaher is a well-known singer and songwriter. He is the author of the Wild Jack Strong trilogy, which includes The Frog Lake Massacre, The Luck of the Horseman, and The Horseman's Last Call. Please visit BillGallaher.ca.
- Author(s)Bill Gallaher
- PublisherTouchWood Editions
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTouchWood Editions
- Weight314 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.