Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThere are more than 100 buildings in Frankfurt that stand over 50 metres tall. This book examines the most historically and architecturally significant of them, placing them in the socio-political, ecomic and cultural contexts of their respective periods. Illustrated with hundreds of photographs, drawings, plans and building models, the volume examines t only existing buildings but also those that were either never developed, or that have been demolished. Organised according to geographic location, the book serves as a tour that traces the development of the city as well as specific districts such as Frankfurt City, Frankfurt Westend, Niederrad Office City and the Frankfurt Airport. Brief biographies of important architects and others round out this unique guide to Frankfurt's towering achievements.
- Author BiographyPeter Cachola Schmal is an architect and the director of the DAM (German Architecture Museum) Frankfurt/Main. Philipp Sturm is a political scientist and freelance curator at the DAM (German Architecture Museum) Frankfurt/Main
- Date of Publication08/11/2014
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Out-of-print date14/12/2016
- Content Note300 colour
- Weight1111 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byPeter Cachola,Philipp Sturm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.