All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionHigh School Is Not Eugh is a salient and actionable guide confronting one of our nation's most pressing crises: the fact that many students leave K - 12 schools lacking in the skills and kwledge needed to prepare for today's and tomorrow's jobs and careers. An insider's view of higher education and training is given so students, parents and others are aware of what awaits them after high school. Questions are given, helping students determine the skills and attitudes needed for tomorrow's jobs and careers. Decision making strategies are offered, helping students understand which choices give them the best chance of success. Tools and tips for saving time, money and energy, are provided affording students the kwledge needed to complete the programs and courses they require. Every student needs education or training after high school. High School Is Not Eugh is an indispensable new resource for helping students achieve that goal. In the past, those who did t continue their education or training after high school could always find a job that supported them and their families. And those who did continue could always count on that additional education and training to be the pathway for improving their lives. Today's students do t have either of those guarantees, R. Wayne Branch, PhD, writes. High School Is Not Eugh is a must read for high school students, parents, counselors, teachers, policy makers or anyone interested in student success.
- Author BiographyFor more than thirty years R. Wayne Branch, PhD counseled and advised students, parents, educators and policy makers across the United States. His published articles, journal contributions, conference appearances and mentorship of future leaders have informed colleges', universities' and training programs' efforts to strengthen the connection between education and training and the world of work. His positions include director of counseling and career service, Dutchess Community College; vice president for student affairs, Community College of Philadelphia; president, Community College of Baltimore County Essex; and president, Clark College (Vancouver, WA). He has taught at Duquesne University, State University of New York at New Paltz, and Towson University. He earned a bachelor's in sociology from West Virginia State College. The University of Pittsburgh granted his master's and doctoral degrees in counselor education. A former W.K. Kellogg Leadership Fellow, Dr. Branch has served on numerous boards and task forces including, but not limited to, the National Association of Community Colleges board and the American Council on Education's Commission on Access and Equity in Higher Education.
- Author(s)R Wayne Branch Phd
- Date of Publication17/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.