About this product
- DescriptionFranz Xaver Winterhalter (1805-1873) was the most rewned portraitist of European aristocracy of his day, expertly capturing the refinement and opulence of his distinguished sitters. Born and trained in Germany, Winterhalter settled in Paris in 1834, where he became the de facto court painter to King Louis-Philippe. He gained such international acclaim for his state portraits that he painted all but a few of the monarchs in Europe. In Paris in 1855, at the pinnacle of his career, he painted the ble portrait Empress Eugenie and Her Ladies-in-Waiting, which would go on to symbolise an entire era. His 1865 portrait of the Austrian Empress Sissi is also kwn the world over. The lavishly illustrated publication complements Winterhalter's magnificent portraits of crowned heads of state with selected items of clothing by the contemporary and sought-after couturier Charles Frederick Worth.
- Author(s)Helga Kessler Aurisch,Laure Chabanne,Mirja Straub,Tilmann Stockhausen
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note159 colour
- Weight1882 g
- Width230 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.