Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe charismatic Kat Von D, the star of LA Ink, with writer Anthony Bozza (author of best-sellers Slash and Tommyland ) opens the door to the world of contemporary tattooing, the way only a true insider can. The book will be targeted to the tattoo audience, particularly the younger demographic that actively gets tattoos. It will include Kat's story, what inspires her, information about her show and her shop, her sketches, and her personal tattoos (she's a walking tattoo). The thrust of the book is on her point of view on tattooing w: the work she finds inspirational, past and present; great tattoo artists, from a classic artist like Sailor Jerry to people she admires who are working around the world.The book will feature the work of and profiles of/interviews with a range of contemporary tattoo artists. It will also include lots of profiles of /interviews with people who have interesting tattoos and all the stories behind them, which is a very intriguing aspect of her show. The book will have a strong voyeuristic, human interest factor along with a wealth of great line art and photography, which is being shot for the book by Lionel Deloy. Finally, the book will include humourous visual thematic portfolios of Kat's work and aspects of tattooing she finds compelling. The examples include: Kat's portrait tattoos (for which she is famous); great work in typography, back pieces, memorials, body suits, and more.
- Author BiographyKat Von D is a renowned tattoo artist and the star of the former hit television series LA Ink, which ran for five successful years. She is the author of two New York Times bestsellers, High Voltage Tattoo and The Tattoo Chronicles, and is the creator of an exclusive makeup and fragrance line for Sephora. She is also the founder of Wonderland Gallery, an art gallery and boutique located next to her tattoo shop, High Voltage Tattoo, in Hollywood, where she lives.
- Author(s)Kat Von D.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/01/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Design International
- Content Note200 colour
- Weight861 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Most relevant reviews
- 854067473@delet...11 Apr, 2012by
Very interesting and hard to put down! Photos are amazing :)
I have only started reading the book a few days ago and so far I am loving it and having trouble putting it down! The pictures of tattoos and her drawings are amazing.. I can't wait to read the next book.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49